Oshkosh Holiday Parade Contest
Here is a little bit about each of our candidates. We encourage you to check each of them out before voting! Support local bands and artists by helping us spread the word.
Click here to vote - ends 10/25 at 11:59 PM.
The Pocket Kings
The Pocket Kings play dance/party music by artist spanning multiple generations. Michael Jackson, Prince, Stevie Wonder, Justin Timberlake, Earth Wind & Fire, Bruno Mars are just a few of the artist we feature in our set of music. We perform all around the Fox Valley and have been featured opening for artists like Steppenwolf, Blue Oyster Cult and Greg Rollie of Santana. More on YouTube >>
The Karaoke Karavan All Star Group
A hand picked "All Star" group of some of my best Karaoke singers (male and female) who can perform any type of songs, including: Rock, Blues, Country, Theatre, Holiday, Lounge, etc... Believe me when I say that these will be some of the most talented singers in the Fox Valley.
KWT featuring Tom Washatka
“One of the real joys in listening to jazz has been the times when there is wonderful musical empathy and compatibility among and between players,” he said. “KWT manages to bring forth marvelous creative energy in the varied and diverse grooves, be they swing, Latin, blues or rock. Hearing them is always a pleasure and a treat." Bob Levy, SCENE - June
Read more >>
Blues and R&B.
Forcefield is an all original Science Fiction themed Heavy Metal band hailing from the Fox Valley. We've been told by our fans and peers that we have a unique sound within our genre. We combine aspects of Power Metal, Thrash Metal, Traditional Heavy Metal, 70's Progressive Rock, with a hint of Jazz/Fusion. We are huge nerds and are heavily influenced by Star Trek. Its message and concepts are spread across out catalogue.
RUCKUS is a fun-loving, dance-floor-filling, good-old -rock-n-roll loving cover band!!!! We rock out to all eras of music, from current to classic....from Pink to Johnny Cash. RUCKUS features shared vocal duties with a strong male & female lead along with some killer band harmonies.
JTDOG (AKA: John Mueller) is a veteran performer to the local music scene. Mueller has performed in several area rock bands from the 80s through the mid-90s as lead singer and drummer. John is versed in several instruments, including the guitar. After a hiatus from performing live in the 2000s, John began performing as a hospice volunteer.
I have been very privileged to perform in our Area in a wide range of venues, particularly in performing our Nation's Anthem for UWO Athletics, UWGB Athletics, Timber Rattlers and many others. If I were fortunate to move forward, I would perform as a solo artist with backing tracks and do a wide range of artists and genres: Eagles, James Taylor, Elton John, Matchbox 20, Gin Blossoms; as well as some standards: Sinatra, etc.
Swamp Water Boogie
Your favorite funky blues rock band, you will be singing and dancing all night long...
More on Facebook >>
Strategic started in 2009, when Brandon Van Dalen began doing performances as a one man band with live looping. Patrick Connolly joined for a few shows starting in 2015, playing the upright bass. Adam Koenig plays with them occasionally on percussion. The group plays acoustic pop rock originals, covers & instrumentals. Strategic hopes to encourage others with positive material that communicates a message that we are all here for a reason.
Scarlet is a modern hard rock band from the Fox Cities that officially started playing live shows in august. The band is made up of 4 guys that are 20 - 23 years old. Despite being a new and young band, Scarlet has been working very diligently in the studio on original content.
Our musical style is very dynamic, ranging from blues rock to metal to post rock. Collectively, we like to consider ourselves Alternative Rock. Some of main influences are: Highly Suspect, Led Zeppelin, Queens of the Stone Age, Thrice, O'Brother, Deftones, Tool, Glen Hansard, The White Stripes, Mono (Japan), Rage Against The Machine, Royal Blood, Pelican, Citizen, Russian Circles, and The Black Keys.
Franki Moscato (born January 26,2002) is an American singer/songwriter and actress. At 15 years old, she performs solo concerts with only her mic and keyboard, and leaves her audiences thunderstruck. Her vocals move people of all ages with a creative mix of brilliantly-composed oldies and inspirational selections.
Kurt Stein's School of Music
We are a newly opened non-profit music school located at 1504 S. Commercial St. in Neenah. We have over 80 students in our program from Oshkosh, Neenah, Appleton, and all of the surrounding areas. Our founder, Kurt Stein, has been teaching privately in the Fox Valley for almost 20 years and has recently redeveloped the business into a non-profit with a team of teachers, interns, and board members. We have groups of kids that play all over at events, clubs, parties, festivals, etc.
Royal Flush plays a mixed variety of classic and new mainstream music as well as a few country songs. Dancing and fun festive style entertainment.
More on Facebook >>
Curious Crow is a powerful rock band from the Fox Valley. Our band loves various styles of music. We cover rock, pop, alternative and country featuring artists such as Pat Benatar, Joan Jett, The Killers, Journey, Ozzy Osbourne, Halestorm, Carrier Underwood and Gretchen Wilson. Our talented musicians & variety of vocalists will rock each show. Each member of the band puts their heart into their music and enjoys performing for our crowds.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at the oshkosharena.com/parade. Employees of Oshkosh Arena, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Oshkosh Arena as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on September 29, 2017 and ending October 15, 2017. All online entries must be received by 11:59 PM CT.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at oshkosharena.com/parade. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Oshkosh Arena.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive access to a 20' x 8' ft trailer equipped with sound and power. Driver will be supplied. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Oshkosh Arena. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Oshkosh Arena's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Oshkosh Arena to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by followers of the Oshkosh Arena on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/bringthebucks/) under the supervision of Oshkosh Arena. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Oshkosh Arena shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT OSHKOSH ARENA‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Oshkosh Arena, anyone acting on behalf of Oshkosh Arena, and Oshkosh Arena’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Oshkosh Arena. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Oshkosh Arena from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Oshkosh Arena may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Oshkosh Arena reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Oshkosh Arena's control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Oshkosh Arena may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Oshkosh Arena. Oshkosh Arena reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Oshkosh Arena has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Oshkosh Arena reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Oshkosh Arena and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES AND WISCONSIN, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Wisconsin having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Oshkosh Arena, 1610 South Main St, Oshkosh, WI 54902.
14. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Oshkosh Arena is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.